Planning Post F10 Elections

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 15:24:33 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 10:31:21AM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 07:00:50AM -0700, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> >
> >On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 16:25 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> >> I'd prefer that people not look at multiple elections as a way to hedge
> >> bets.  Not that anyone has ever given me that impression of course!  But
> >> I'd much rather keep the election as simple and light on regulation as
> >> possible, so I'm not about to suggest any additional rules based on my
> >> personal feelings.
> >
> >Sorry, is it *policy* that a person cannot be on the Board and FESCo at
> >the same time, or just *practice*?
>
> No policy on it at all.  History shows that we've had several instances of
> that situation already.  Recently some people have choosen not to run for
> FESCo if elected to the Board, but that is personal preference.
>
> The only reason this wasn't highlighted before is because we've never run
> the elections at the same time.  So the choice was made before the FESCo
> election even started and we didn't really have the "hm... I got elected to
> both and I only want to do one" situation.

Right.  And to reiterate, this is more a fuzzy feeling on my part and
not something I would want to pursue regulating.  I think people want
to know as voters -- I know I do -- that the person I'm electing has
the intention of following through in that position, regardless of any
other commitments.  And I'm not implying that anyone would do any
differently than that.