PackageKit Codeina replacement and Fluendo

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Sep 29 18:51:37 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 14:38 -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> Basically, there's a PackageKit-based Codeina replacement for installing
> missing codecs, but whether or not to continue to refer people to Fluendo if a
> suitable codec isn't found by PackageKit is a policy decision the board ought
> to be making.

I'm pretty sure the board did make that decision.

Whether or not there is room for our content regarding plugins is an
interesting question, and I think there is room before PK goes off and
searches for suitable providers.  However I'm almost 100% certain that
the board voted to remove references to fluendo's store.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!