PackageKit Codeina replacement and Fluendo

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 20:01:02 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Jon Stanley
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-March/msg00111.html

That vote was prior to the existence of the rpm implementation we have
now, which allows for a vendor neutral approach. The vote was done
when we were considering whether or not to pull Codeina completely
from F9.  In April we voted to revert back to F8's situation,
nullifying that particular vote from March.

You need to read all the minutes from march forward... Codeina has
been a nearly perpetual topic.  You may need to also read fab
discussions and possibly one or more public meeting logs from March
onward as well to get full context as to where we are now.  In fact,
we all (Board members included) may need to refresh how we got here
now that we have the new rpm implementation in hand because it differs
from how codeina did things.

Even if Jesse is right, and there was an explicit prior vote, after
the April vote to revert to F8's status quo for F9, the Board may need
to reaffirm that it will not be singling out a preferred vendor in PK
fallback dialogs that we have now for the F10 timeframe.

It's also not clear to me that Fluendo's webshop implementation has
been updated to work with the new rpm based approach.  if it hasn't
this issue may be moot.

-jef