Yet another website? (Re: [Ambassadors] belux ambassadors meeting log 15th April 2009)

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Thu Apr 16 22:10:44 UTC 2009

On 04/16/2009 07:42 PM, Robert Scheck wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>> Let's face it: ATM the changes have caused confusion and discomfort in
>> the Fedora community.
>
> Well, that's more or less correct.

At this time being involved in several entities that have one or more
fedora domain names registered, I can only say that you are not alone in
your perceptions that this legal document is slightly twisting our arms
as well as restricting us in translations of strings the binding
contract wants to see mentioned, but...

I can also assure you that concerns raised are handled with care and
that the twisting of arms as we percieve it is anything *but* deliberate
and completely unintentional.

I would also like to mention that it is ultimately us that want these
contracts to be signed, so that Red Hat Legal may finally act against
*abuse* of the registered trademark, by sites such as the former
fedorasolved.com which used to be a site with an anti-Fedora messages on
it -if you know what I mean, but has now transferred in ownership to
Fedora Unity.

Last I'll say in this thread.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen