Yet another website? (Re: [Ambassadors] belux ambassadors meeting log 15th April 2009)

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 16 12:23:34 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 16.04.2009, 14:03 +0200 schrieb Frederic Hornain:
> Christophe,
>
> FYI, http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Local_community_domains

Yes, thanks a lot for this link, meanwhile Red already was so kind as to
point me to it on #fedora-de.

Obviously this is the result of the latest changes in the trademark
guidelines that were driven by the Fedora Advisory Board and Paul
Frields.

As I stated earlier in this thread, I *do* see the need for local
communities very well, but after the discussion back in January I was
under the impression that the common position was to first of all
enhance fedoraproject.org. I wonder why things have changed and when
this was discussed in public. Can somebody please point me to the
relevant mails, irc logs or whatever?

Let's face it: ATM the changes have caused confusion and discomfort in
the Fedora community. For example fedora.de has been taken offline
because of discrepancies between the trademark holder and the domain
owner. Robert as the domain owner is a well known and valuable
contributor of the project and all AFAIK all he did was redirecting to
fedoraproject.org.

Things like these are hard to understand. There might be good reasons,
but IMO the board does a bad job ATM in communicating their views to the
outside world.

Kind regards,
Christoph