TM approval request for Summit spin

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 20:54:21 UTC 2009

I'm preparing an image for distribution at the Red Hat Summit.  Red
Hat is buying 2 GB USB keys so each attendee will receive a Fedora
11-based Live system.  The image I propose to make has the following
changes:

* Includes all F-11 stable updates to present

* Includes Anaconda fixes as represented in Jeroen's F11 repo:
  http://kanarip.com/anaconda/f11/i386/

* Includes a .desktop file for the automatic 'liveuser' which will
  appear on the Desktop after login, and allows the user to
  double-click to open a web browser to the Summit downloads page.

* (tentative) The image *may* include a custom background that matches
  the visual look of some of the other Summit materials.  Depends on
  whether I can get one scared up from the group inside Red Hat that
  normally produces that material.

I've posted the kickstart file here, which relies on the standard
kickstart files as distributed with the livecd-tools:

http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/configs/fedora-livecd-desktop-en_US-upd.ks

It may change very slightly to reflect the new background and I'll
give a heads-up if that happens.