Re: website mockups, what is fedora?

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
On 08/21/2009 10:04 AM, Rex Dieter wrote:
Then, look at the new website mockups.

(perceived) Answer: Fedora is the fedora-desktop spin

Well, I think the point here is that for the new, uninformed user, we
need to present them with a single default choice.

Forcing them to choose between:
GNOME, KDE, Games, LXCE, EDU, Electronics, Security

One can still offer options, but have a choice pre-selected by default, akin to how some other distros are doing.

But let's not get muddled in details.

Let me be brutally honest: withholding choice and options here and/or diminishing kde's visibility *will* disenfranchise a lot of people. We'll lose out PR-wise big time, especially in light of opensuse's recent work that is largely perceived as doing right by the community.

Is that a price the board is willing to pay?

-- Rex