website mockups, what is fedora?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Aug 21 16:44:56 UTC 2009

Máirín Duffy wrote:

> There is a clear trade-off here - either you "do wrong" by the
> community, or you "do wrong" by users who want to try your distro but
> run away screaming because you've confused and scared them.

Thank you (and others!) for the thoughtful replies, there's a lot there
think and munch on.

I guess it's just many (including myself) failed to see any evidence or
justification for the claims of "confused/scared new users" and the
current greatly simplified design choice.    And... because the board
says so, continues to not be all that satisfying.

I'd love to be wrong (I'm wrong a lot), and am looking forward to the
next collaborative irc meeting to discuss it more.

-- Rex