Re: website mockups, what is fedora?

On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 09:04 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Let's get back to the question: What is Fedora?
>
> I thought a general consensus was something akin to: a solid flexible
> base distro technology that can be used for many different purposes
>
> Then, look at the new website mockups.
>
> (perceived) Answer: Fedora is the fedora-desktop spin

I really think trying to answer the "What is the Fedora Project"
question on the download page is the wrong thing to be doing.  The
download page is about products, not projects.  The Fedora Project may
be a solid flexible base distro technology that can be used for many
different purposes, but the primary /product/ of the project is the
Desktop spin, and that's what we'll offer on our product page, aka the
download page.

Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!
identi.ca: http://identi.ca/jkeating