website mockups, what is fedora?

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 23 17:43:52 UTC 2009

2009/8/23 Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org>:
> On 08/23/2009 10:16 PM, Thomas Janssen wrote:
>
>> Nobody, absolutely nobody said you shouldn't pick a default. Of course
>> pick it, but show the rest as well in the same manner.
>
> Since you agree that there should be a default, this is exactly what my
> point was about openSUSE's current decision of having a default instead
> of leaving it all open to end users but I don't agree that we need to
> put all the other desktop environments at the same level in the front
> page. There are just too many. This would clutter the download page and
> confuse users.

You haven't carefully read what i wrote. I said a "General Download
Link" [Download] leading to the download page (and this page provides
what i wrote).
I doubt you want different download pages.

> We can take a vote into account on occasions but blindly following it is
> a disaster.

What i said with other words. You can't listen to 1% of your userbase.
But if 40-50-60-70% has that wish. You might not ignore them.
Of course you can.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium