Request for a *.fedoraproject.org subdomain

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 17:04:19 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 10:46:39AM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Aug 2009, Steven M. Parrish wrote:
>
> > During today's KDE-SIG meeting it was decided that we would like to establish
> > a subdomain for our use.  We are looking at kde.fedoraproject.org.  This
> > domain would be used for marketing of the KDE Fedora Spin and to provide a
> > launching point for users wanting to download the spin.
> >
> > Would it also be possible to host the content on Fedora Infrastructure or do
> > we need to provide our own.
> >

> We'd host the content.  Do we want a kde.fedoraproject.org site to
> redirect to spins.fedoraproject.org/kde/ or do we need to start hosting a
> bunch of entirely different websites?

Subdomains for our various Spin offerings should follow the general
look and feel provided by the Design team.  There will be a section of
content that each Spin provider can populate, laying out information
about goals, composition, technical details, and so forth.

There'd also be a standard Fedora branded banner of some sort like
"KDE," "LXDE," and so forth.  (For a good current example, refer to
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/community .)  All that would be
contained within a general template that they can help us craft, using
Design's general look and feel.

I don't anticipate a bunch of completely different web sites, since
users would then be very confused as to whether they were still on an
official Fedora site or not.