Re: The current Trademark License Agreement is unacceptable

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009, Axel Thimm wrote:

And to add something of value to the discussion: Trademark law in
Germany is federal-only, there are no state-specific
laws/registrations - I can only guess that this is similar for the US
as well, but maybe it isn't.

It is not -- and it even worse than you posit; there is federal, state by state, and common (non-statutory) law
	http://www.bitlaw.com/trademark/index.html

Just as nasty a shake pit as you'd ever not want to go swimming through without a lawyer's guidance.

I was a "prior use" user of the old 'fedora.us' mark in commerce, prior to Red Hat's pick up of it. I have no hostile intent, but I have used it continuiously since starting.

--Russ herrold