Fedora Board Recap 2009-11-19 UTC 1700

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 05:48:29 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 6:12 PM, John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 11/21/2009 09:18 AM, inode0 wrote:
>>
>> So here is what I would suggest at this point in time if the board
>> would like to try to help fund some part of the FreeMedia project as
>> an experiment. We tend to have inordinately large numbers of requests
>> from certain regions (these are large because of need in those
>> regions). I think we should work with Susmit to see if there is a way
>> to provide some direct help to a small number of contributors in India
>> to help with the volume of requests in that region. I think we could
>> learn a lot by doing that and help where the problem is the most
>> severe today.
>>

> Can you be more specific about how the board would fund the FreeMedia
> project as an experiment?
>  --How much funding would the board need to provide for this experiment?
>  --How many requests per month in Susmit's region do you receive?  How many
> go unfilled each month?

After chatting with Susmit about this it doesn't appear that we can
solve the problem there by throwing media or money at the region.
Basically, if we provided X it would be consumed and another X would
be needed. So some structural change is necessary to fundamentally fix
things and he is working on that now as he has described in another
thread recently.

So I am out of ideas about how the board can help beyond giving us
some moral support. :)
We do appreciate that.

John