ambassadors "conflict of interest"

Pierros Papadeas ppapadeas at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 09:31:24 UTC 2009

Hi Gianluca,

I supposed it is not strictly prohibited by some "law" or policy of fedora.
BUT, In terms that Fedora Project has some distinct values (4Fs etc) that we
believe and promote, I doubt if the "values" of another community/project
are non conflicting with ours.

I mean that the main reason for not doing it, are conflicting values between
projects, and that's something that concerns you (and is not a law or
something).

Finally, imagine showing up to an event and meet someone that has this
double property... I would begin to question his belief on either of the
project.
Now, if the two projects have separate target group and purpose (e.g. Fedora
vs. a highly customized spin on IRC relaying (zdoing!) ) I don't see any
problem with that. (But I dont think that there are ambassadors for such
minor groups.)

~π

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Gianluca Sforna <giallu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please accept my apologies if this is not the proper place to ask.
>
> I've never read anything against this, so I'm wondering if it was ever
> brought up at all.
>
> Are Fedora ambassadors allowed to also be <put your alternate distro
> name here> ambassadors?
>
> --
> Gianluca Sforna
>
> http://morefedora.blogspot.com