Update/install experience

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Dec 16 21:14:58 UTC 2009

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009, Josh Boyer wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 10:50:59AM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> >ok, so perhaps it's this planning that I am wondering about, and should
> >ask on the test list.
> >
> >So, not sure if this is just a rephrasing of this proposal, but:
> >
> >- All updates need to spend time in updates-testing unless they are
> >  security related.
>
> Sounds like exactly what EPEL does.  I think enforcement is manual
> there still, and that isn't going to scale to Fedora.  The change
> should be fairly minimal though.

Dennis can speak to this better then I can but as I understand it several
people try to go around the policies and go straight to stable
immediately, even after it's been explained to them.  Bodhi itself doesn't
quite have that workflow built into it so I think at times dennis and the
packager have gotten into a "It's stable" "It's testing" "it's stable"
fight.

	-Mike