Fedora Board December 2009 Results

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 16:48:01 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 08:34:02AM -0500, Nigel Jones wrote:
> Hi f-a-b subscribers, the moment you have been waiting for.
>
> The votes have been tallied and I can now announce the 2 successful
> candidates for the Fedora Board.
>
> We had a total of 225 votes for this election, meaning that each
> candidate could obtain up to a maximum of 900 votes.
>
> The results are as follows:
>
> 1. Matt Domsch          643
> 2. Chris Tyler          475
>
> *** Cut Off ***
>
> 3. Coin Walters         451
> 4. Steven M. Parrish    412
>

> So please join me in congratulating Matt and Chris on their return
> to the Fedora Board.
>
> Please find the full GPG-signed release announcement attached.
>
> Regards,
>
> Nigel Jones
> Fedora Election Administrator

The following schedule will apply to the seating of the new Board:

Thu Dec 17 -- Regular meeting

Fri Dec 18 -- OOA this date, announce final appointment to Board

Thu Dec 24 -- No meeting, holiday break

Thu Dec 31 -- No meeting, holiday break

Thu Jan 07 -- Handoff meeting, any non-returning Board members invited
              to attend as their last meeting

There are a few individuals under consideration for the final
appointed Board seat.  This appointment is made after elections are
completed to balance the Board's composition, and represent the entire
Fedora community as much as possible.  Although this appointment is
ultimately up to the Fedora Project Leader to decide, generally the
FPL discusses the appointments with others to achieve a consensus.  I
expect to make this final appointment within the next few days.