Fedora Board Recap 2009-12-17 UTC 1700

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Sun Dec 20 03:44:16 UTC 2009

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> On Sat, 2009-12-19 at 11:31 -0500, William Jon McCann wrote:
>

> > Also, do you have an audio copy or transcript of the meeting?  I think
> > that might be of interest to some people.
> >

> I would be really interested in this. The hostile tone in this thread
> makes me wonder what went wrong in that meeting. Not having the context
> of the full meeting makes it hard for me to 'come in and speak up' as
> has been requested elsewhere in this thread.

I'm fairly certain the board meetings aren't taped and for good reason.
In fact this is the first time I can think of where "someone said this,
and this and this and this in the meeting" has ever been made public in
such a manner.  All the context you need is provided by the whiteboard
though if you want to speak up.

I'd mention though, the desktop team seems to be well represented by Jon,
I feel very confident I have a good idea of what he is trying to
accomplish with his proposal.  The problem is that so far none of the
other teams have chimed in and most of the suggestions I've heard made to
him have been completely ignored (break it up into smaller bits, take it
to fesco, take it to the other teams, etc)

	-Mike