Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2009-02-03

On 2009-02-08 at 2:06:33 -0500, inode0 <inode0 gmail com> wrote:
> I will admit I'm now baffled by spot's position expressed in the BZ.
> If it is code, and I don't see why it is any different than cowsay
> without a free perl in that respect, then it should be rejected for
> the reasons spot gave here.

Well, OVM doesn't execute. It doesn't need to be compiled into anything.
It's really content.

Think of it as a .png file. It's obviously content, because it doesn't
execute, nor does it need to be compiled into anything, but for it to be
used, something has to be able to parse the PNG format.

We judge content on whether it enhances the user experience. I'd argue
that the OVM content does enhance the experience for an Electronics Lab
User, but FESCo disagrees. That's why they get to make the ultimate call. :)

~spot