Re: Fedora Remix definition

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster gmail com> wrote:
> Thanks for providing this summary Chris.
>
> In the context of the "one Fedora package" question, it's important to
> remember that the key goals of having Remixes are to (1) allow the
> downstream to inherit some of Fedora's brand power, and (2) help the
> downstream drive interest in Fedora as the upstream.

So here's the one question that I think will bake your noodle.
What if someone walked into the project and wanted to do a coronary
based distribution instead of a binary rpm distribution, using Fedora
srpms as source material?

reference: http://wiki.rpath.com/wiki/Conary:RPM_Package_Recipe_HOWTO

Would we feel comfortable extending the Fedora brand power to that
sort of experiment under the terms of the Fedora Remix secondary mark?

-jef