FAD in late January or early/mid February?

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Tue Jan 13 11:10:45 UTC 2009

Back in December, I wrote about the idea of having Fedora Activity Days
(FAD) to complement FUDCons as the "top level" Fedora events in 2009.

The idea of FADs, in short, is that they can be more numerous than
FUDCons because they have one or two specific goals (anything related to
Fedora), target a smaller number of people in a specific region or city,
and are far less expensive.

In an ideal world, we'll get to a point where we are having 2 FADs per
month, in various places all over the world.

I assume there's a lot of energy and motivation for various projects
coming out of FUDCon, and I'd like to see if any feature or group of
people would like to capitalize on that by organizing a FAD sometime
between now and, say, February 13th, so that the budget to support that
FAD can come out of the Community Architecture budget that disappears at
the end of February.

We're holding at FAD at FOSDEM in Brussels at the beginning of February,
and Sankarshan/Rahul are working on organizing one or more in India
between now and the end of February.

I think we could probably fit one more in, and for the purposes of
balance, it would be nice to do it somewhere in North America, and use
it to move forward something that was discussed at FUDCon.

If anyone wants to go for it, see:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_organize_a_FAD

Thanks,