Xuropa offers FEL free exhibition space

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 23:26:19 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Whether the logo is attached to a donation button might generate more
> discussion.  I think that's the situation to which Jef was
> specifically referring.  But thanks to James' suggestion, we can
> consider that as a separate matter from the Online Booth, which should
> be good to proceed.

Yes my comments are directly related to usage of the Fedora marks in
direct association with a donation button..and only the donation
button. Donations could be problematic for us as a project if we
aren't prepared to deal with them in a transparent fashion.

I've no problem if Xuropa is committed to helping support FEL. In fact
I'm ecstatic! I think what Chitlesh is doing with FEL is absolutely
fantastic and we should all talk about it more.  Getting content
expert business interests like Xuropa lined up to support the
development of FEL and the upstream projects it integrates is a
non-trivial accomplishment worth of support.

We just have to be careful with the donations, because frankly we
aren't setup to deal with them in an equitable and transparent way at
the project level.    The absolute last thing I want to do is give
people the expectation that they are contributing financially to the
Fedora Project when they hit the donation button, but not be able to
keep a track of what those donations are doing.

-jef