Re: Fedora Board Recap 2009-01-20

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, Mike McGrath wrote:

How can 13,000+ active community members all lead a single project? Why have a board at all[1]? I think the community leading was great back when there weren't that many of us but now I really do think it's hurting people. I'm happy to continue to aid in leading the infrastructure team but where are we going and for what ultimate purpose.

I just look at this thread in a sort of stunned awe.

It wasn't that long ago before we were scrambling to have any community invovlement at all.

Now we're trying to figure out how to articulate a coherent vision on behalf of 13,000 people -- a number that continues to grow, by the way, despite the occasional doubts that we feel about whether we are on the right track.

This is an extremely high-class problem to have. I'm exceedingly grateful that we continue to be relevant enough to have this kind of conversation.

--g

--
Got an XO that you're not using?  Loan it to a needy developer!
  [[ http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Exchange_Registry ]]