Re: Fedora Board Recap 2009-07-16 UTC 1600

On Thu, 2009-07-16 at 21:13 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> * John: what new issues are being raised in the new proposal that
> differ from the Board's previous discussion?

This time around the proposal seeks to define exactly what updates will
be offered (critical security only), as well as attempts to cover /all/
packages for updates of that nature, not just whatever some maintainer
feels like doing.  To me, that was a big complaint the board had with
the previous proposal, and thus worth of a second look.

Add to that the proposer seemed willing to create a measurement for
success/fail, and set a deadline for meeting success or withdrawing the
effort.  Again this makes it a better proposal than previous attempts.

Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!
identi.ca: http://identi.ca/jkeating