Follow-up on Extended Life Cycle

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Jul 21 16:17:26 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 08:25 -0400, Tim Burke wrote:
> I'm guessing that this 1 fulltime person in a security response team
> role is to track, monitor, and coordinate the issues that need to be
> addressed. Which in many cases is different from the devel, releng and
> test aspects - necessitating much more than 1 fulltime person's worth of
> work to pull off the broader initiative.  Right?

It was assumed that the one person would be generating or cribbing the
patches as well.  The amount of packages that will see critical security
flaws is pretty small, as is the version variance between other Fedora
releases that would be affected or other RHEL releases that would be
affected.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!