Re: Follow-up on Extended Life Cycle

On 07/21/2009 06:31 PM, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 7:20 PM, Jesse Keating<jkeating redhat com>  wrote:
On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 17:14 +0300, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
Is it necessary to go all-or-nothing,
In my opinion yes. Â What's on the DVD vs not is largely arbitrary, and
really doesn't mean anything to a user 13 months after they've done the
install.

Agreed.

Again take a look at the security definitions of what Critical means,
and apply that to the package sets within Fedora. Â It's not going to be
as many updates as people seem to think.

Jeroen, do you have a picture on how many packages these will be? Any
other measurable metrics about the added "cost" for Fedora could help
dissolve any doubts about the overhead imposed.

Like I said before, I anticipate ~250 security updates in 6 months for a current release given the statistics of Fedora 10. That is *all* classifications, if appropriately marked in Bodhi as a security update, not omitting any other security updates by accident (because some sec updates are hidden in upgrades).

-- Jeroen