Re: [Fedora-spins] Of test spins and trademarks

On Wed, 2009-07-22 at 17:55 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> I would propose that the trademark should be reserved for the things
> the Board specifically approves for release, which includes the actual
> release candidates for test phases up through final GA.  For anything
> else, the Board's approval is required, and the Board should normally
> not entertain requests for midstream test images.  This would put any
> community member or team that wants to release test images on a level
> playing field, and erases any confusion by a downstream consumer over
> whether something is official Fedora.
>
> The removal of fedora-{logos,release,release-notes} and substitution
> of generic-* presents an exceedingly low risk for regressions and any
> other problems.  If any are found, they should be fixed in the
> distribution, because they are problems that exist for any potential
> downstream remixer.

Why then would we allow rawhide to be composed each night with the
logos?  Particularly in the case of the desktop image, the branding is a
part of the end user experience and that we specifically want to test
during the development at snapshot points and test days.

Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!
identi.ca: http://identi.ca/jkeating