Proposal for ML conduct

Lyos Gemini Norezel lyos.gemininorezel at gmail.com
Mon May 18 13:23:23 UTC 2009

Christopher Aillon wrote:
> On 05/15/2009 09:52 AM, Lyos Gemini Norezel wrote:
>
> If the free speech pie is made with good ingredients, everyone will
> want it.  If the free speech pie is made with rusty nails, cyanide,
> motor oil and battery acid, I'm sure as hell not going to eat it.

So all you want is the good and not the bad?

*"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin*

If you would give up your free speech pie, because of vitriol and
offensive people, then you do not deserve free speech.

> There are people who feel violated to the very core of their being
> which seriously hurts their feelings.  Several people have taken great
> offense recently at ML discussions when they have been personally
> attacked.  A friend was looking for information on Fedora for some
> reason, google pointed her to a thread, and she now has a sour
> impression of Fedora based solely on the ML being so vile.  It's one
> thing to say what you want, it's another thing to intentionally hurt
> others and even more so to intentionally hurt people while the whole
> world watches.

Here in the US, at least, you do not have a right /*not to be
offended*/. If you cannot (or your friend cannot) handle this... then
perhaps you (or your friend) do not deserve free speech.

Lyos Gemini Norezel