Proposal for ML conduct

Lyos Gemini Norezel lyos.gemininorezel at gmail.com
Mon May 18 14:17:17 UTC 2009

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 09:23:23AM -0400, Lyos Gemini Norezel wrote:
>

> Let me see if I can clarify a bit here.  Your rights in the USA are
> meant to be guarantees against the *government* stopping you from
> speaking.  Not private entities.

True.

> Imagine the Fedora Project as more like a bar.  Sometimes conversation
> at the bar does get a little boisterous.  But if a patron really gets
> obnoxious, the bar may ask her to cool it, and if she doesn't, throw
> her out.  Neither of those remedies is encroaching on the patron's
> rights.  The bar is not abridging the patron's right to free speech by
> refusing to allow her to exercise it on their premises.  The same
> situation goes for Fedora.

Ah... but there is a major difference between a bar and a community of
people that's meant to be
_/*"Free and Open"*/_.

Without vitriol and obnoxious people, some of the best ideas would be
lost forever.

How many times has the obnoxious person pointed out "Hey asshole... use
Google!"?
Without such vitriol... many lists would be drowning under the flood of
people asking the same
damn questions over and over.

How many ideas would be lost in said flood?

You see utopia... I see a troll-filled hell, without the obnoxious
making short work of said hell.

Lyos Gemini Norezel