Succession planning change proposal

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Sat May 30 07:55:44 UTC 2009

On Fri, 29 May 2009, inode0 wrote:

> In the ORDER OF OPERATIONS section it says "We hold back the final
> appointment so that we can look ..." which suggests it isn't the FPL
> making the decision since that person isn't a "we." Or reword this to
> make clear who this "we" refers to exactly.

I wrote that text long ago, so I'll take the blame for any ambiguity.

It's the FPL's call, but I probably wrote "we" to suggest that the FPL
doesn't just sit in a corner staring at a wall until a name pops into
his/her head, but rather thinks about what the Board is trying to and is
meant to achieve, and probably talks to other Board members while trying
to ensure that a good choice is made.

--Max