The Fedora experience

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 10:12:53 UTC 2009

2009/11/5 Máirín Duffy <mairin at linuxgrrl.com>:
> Please check this article out. I think with our new website design we
> need to be providing an experience - a presentation - like this, and
> these techniques seem like they'll be a useful guide.
>
> ~m
>
> http://www.businessweek.com/smallbiz/content/oct2009/sb2009106_706829.htm
>
> Uncovering Steve Jobs' Presentation Secrets
>
> "For his new book, communications coach Carmine Gallo watched hours of
> Jobs' keynotes. Here he identifies the five elements of every
> presentation by the Apple CEO" ...
>
> "1. A headline. Steve Jobs positions every product with a headline that
> fits well within a 140-character Twitter post. For example, Jobs
> described the MacBook Air as "the world's thinnest notebook." That
> phrase appeared on his presentation slides, the Apple Web site, and
> Apple's press releases at the same time. What is the one thing you want
> people to know about your product? This headline must be consistent in
> all of your marketing and presentation material."

A bit of trolling, but i mean this seriously in a way.

The article mentions having a villain. Who is our villain? Is it
Microsoft or Canonical?

But seriously, we focus on being a leader where it doesn't matter what
other people are doing. Being compared to either of those two just
goes against our principles.

-Yaakov