Re: The Fedora experience

2009/11/6 Máirín Duffy <mairin linuxgrrl com>:
> On Fri, 2009-11-06 at 11:12 +0100, Yaakov Nemoy wrote:
>> A bit of trolling, but i mean this seriously in a way.
>> The article mentions having a villain. Who is our villain? Is it
>> Microsoft or Canonical?
>> But seriously, we focus on being a leader where it doesn't matter what
>> other people are doing. Being compared to either of those two just
>> goes against our principles.
> I think our villian is proprietary software and closed formats. Our
> villian is maybe people who don't share?

I was thinking along similar lines, but how can we make this more
concrete? I'm just curious, since i see having a concrete personal
villain against the way we do things and a bit mean spirited. It takes
away the ability to be an all inclusive community.

Then again, taking the moral low road has been successful for Apple.

PS, i don't think it's the only reason for their success, i'm just
curious in what framework we set this in.