Upcoming Fedora Election Schedule (Proposal)

Francesco Ugolini fugolini at fedoraproject.org
Sun Nov 8 16:38:40 UTC 2009

2009/11/8 inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com>:

> I am proposing a slightly more compressed nomination and voting period
> than we have had in the past to accommodate better processing of the
> questionnaires which were found to be very valuable last election
> cycle but for which there was not sufficient time to publish answers
> prior to all of the  town hall meetings.

I really like the idea. Will it be unique for all the committees and
advisory board?

> I'm really not sure how these are intended to work when the candidates
> for open seats may well not be present. I am only aware of one FAmSCo
> member planning to attend and a subset of the other bodies. Can
> someone fill me in on how these are supposed to be useful in the
> election process? If they came before the IRC town halls I could see
> them providing good context but happening at the very end of the
> election process I'm unclear what role they are supposed to the
> playing in the elections.

If there is a camera and a microphone they could be used to create
videos. Just a small problem: only fudcon attendees will be able to
make questions/give answers.

 I think FUDCons could be a good platform to start a discussion, at
list for ambassadors, on local/regional issues. I think, in this case,
if NA ambassadors agree it could be interesting to see what could
happen with this system.

>From the other committeess/advisory board, I don't know how it could
impact, since their model seems different from ambassadors project one
(our goals require a regional structure).

BTW, IRC meetings are a great place to have people all together, and
sure Ambassadors will have one ;)

Just another point: is December 27th a doable date? I don't know how
many people will attend it (it's just 2 days after Christmas day).
Maybe a good promotion of this date will help people organizing their
time in order to attend.

Regards

Francesco