Re: "What is the Fedora Project?"

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath redhat com> wrote:
> Honestly the discussion we're having on F-A-B right now is a major
> distraction to the who is fedora for topic of which is my primary concern.
> There doesn't seem to be any consensus among the Board, most have remained
> quiet until a scheduled meeting so my hopes of any actual change are
> quickly vanishing.  Which is totally fine.  The problem I'm trying to
> solve is arguments and future planning being done by those who shout the
> loudest or longest.  Lots of different engineers pulling Fedora in
> different directions instead of having us all work towards one direction.
> I seem to be in an incredible minority in thinking this.

Wow, talk about disconnect. From the glimpse I get into the board's
business I thought the "What is Fedora?" initiative had a lot of
traction and was basically a done deal aside from sorting out the
details. And I thought all this stuff being discussed here was part of
that sorting out process.

Thanks for succinctly restating the point you had in mind though.

John