Re: "What is the Fedora Project?"

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, Tom \"spot\" Callaway wrote:

On 10/08/2009 01:47 PM, Seth Vidal wrote:
Provided that in order to make that "simple" spin you didn't need to
modify or patch ANY packages.

Again, I refer to the point I made about usability and
new-user-friendlyness not being in any way exclusionary to "experienced
users".

It is possible (and common) to add functionality in acceptable ways that
is configurable, then permit a spin to change the default configuration
chosen for its users. I should really not be needing to explain this to
you. ;)

I'll keep that in mind for when kevin sends his qt-based-anaconda patches again so the kde-spin doesn't have to cart along gtk. :)

-sv