Re: Fedora 14 (two releases away folks) Feature proposal

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Seth Vidal <skvidal fedoraproject org> wrote:

> thoughts?

I would think that if we're going to change, it'd have to be KDE, as
Xfce doesn't have the broad support that our users need (I use Xfce
every day, and if it were my first exposure to Fedora I'd think it
was....lacking.  But that's the intention of Xfce).

The argument against KDE is the same as it always has been - we are,
as unfortunate to some as it may be, a GNOME focused shop.  A lot of
upstream GNOME development occurs inside the walls of RHT (not saying
that should be a driving focus of where Fedora goes, read on...),
whereas not a lot of KDE development does. Fedora is the natural place
to showcase these features, and a lot of them are not as well
integrated into KDE as they could be. Not judging here, just stating
objective, provable facts.

That being said, I'm not opposed to the proposal, it would be a good experiment.