Re: Fedora 14 (two releases away folks) Feature proposal

On 10/08/2009 06:38 PM, Christopher Aillon wrote:
On 10/08/2009 06:09 PM, Seth Vidal wrote:
Weird. I thought Fedora was about having the freedom to innovate and try
new/different things on the leading edge.

Note the "leading."

The Desktop SIG has more contributors and those guys also are leading on
the more distro-wide things such as NetworkManager, ConsoleKit,
DeviceKit, PackageKit, PulseAudio, thusnelda, etc. Which is why the
Board said the default spin should be the desktop (GNOME) spin. The
situation has not changed in the past few weeks so I don't think it
warrants reconsideration.

And I haven't seen any evidence to suggest it will change by Fedora 14, either.