Fedora 14 (two releases away folks) Feature proposal

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Oct 9 17:06:38 UTC 2009

Seth Vidal wrote:
> Apropos (in a tangential way) our discussion today. And as a result of
> some irc-discussions:
>
>  Since the board  defines which spin is the default spin then I suggest
> the board Make the kde or xfce spin the default spin for F14.
> It makes it clear that the spins process is serious and f'real and it
> will test how well our processes work.

If nothing else, this is a very worthwhile "what-if" thought-experiment.
  It would help highlight process assumptions and associated
pain-points, to help pave the way for other successful derivatives/spins.

Fedora's spin process has been haphazardly taking baby steps in that
direction over the past couple of releases, and the kde-sig will
continue to work earnestly with this now-clear goal in mind.  We've also
garnered commitments from our own and upstream kde developers to help
work through any implementation or technical details required.

-- Rex