Re: Fedora 14 (two releases away folks) Feature proposal

Seth Vidal wrote:
Apropos (in a tangential way) our discussion today. And as a result of some irc-discussions:

Since the board defines which spin is the default spin then I suggest the board Make the kde or xfce spin the default spin for F14.
It makes it clear that the spins process is serious and f'real and it will test how well our processes work.

If nothing else, this is a very worthwhile "what-if" thought-experiment. It would help highlight process assumptions and associated pain-points, to help pave the way for other successful derivatives/spins.

Fedora's spin process has been haphazardly taking baby steps in that direction over the past couple of releases, and the kde-sig will continue to work earnestly with this now-clear goal in mind. We've also garnered commitments from our own and upstream kde developers to help work through any implementation or technical details required.

-- Rex