Re: Fedora 14 (two releases away folks) Feature proposal

Josh Boyer wrote:
On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 01:10:58PM -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
This is probably naive of me, but besides changing the link on the
get-fedora page to KDE or XFCE... What else would there be?
I guess making kde or xfce be the desktop install selected by default with anaconda in comps/installclasses.

But that's about it. This why I figured this wasn't a terribly code-invasive change.

Would this impact our documentation at all?  Howtos and install guides that
are currently based on the default Desktop spin?

Yes, docs is one area I had in mind that would need some love (clarifications mostly).

Oh well, other areas requiring work off the top of my head include:
* improving comps, to remove assumptions about DE defaults (this will lend well to helping address Máirín's "menu" problem). * improving collaboration/integration of our fedora "First" technologies (highlighted elsewhere in this thread).

-- Rex