Fedora 14 (two releases away folks) Feature proposal

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Oct 9 21:15:37 UTC 2009

Seth Vidal (skvidal at fedoraproject.org) said:
> The discussion from today has shown that we believe the spins to be
> a way of fitting anyone's needs into fedora. To allowing everyone to
> be involved and get what they want out of fedora.

This...

> I asked this
> question about the default spin being changed to xfce or kde to
> point out that if our spins are equal among themselves - especially
> the desktop-oriented ones

... does not logically lead to this conclusion.

Put it this way... it has been repeatedly stated earlier in these threads,
by multiple people, that a large problem is trying to be all things
to all people, which leads to technical gridlock and an inability to
make informed decisions.

If you go down this road by saying that all of the spins must be
equal among themselves, that's describing a *mandate* that we be
all things to all people; the TWM spin must be given the same attention
as the boots-to-emacs spin. This does not help solve the problem; this
makes it worse.

Bill