Re: Desktop Proposal

On Mon, 2009-10-12 at 09:06 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:

> Have FESCo look at requiring approval for major version updates in the
> middle of a release or possibly banning them outright.  This also has a
> side effect of fewer updates which many find desirable.  This may end up
> working on the honor system but should be possible while not compromising
> our first mission objective.
>
> This could also be coupled with the experimental repo mentioned above to
> bring new packages to stable releases but only to those who accept the
> potential consequences and have enabled such a repo.

This is what updates-testing is for.  If it doesn't work in
updates-testing, you can just drop it on the floor.  The problem is when
it gets promoted from -testing to updates.  We do /not/ want a third
repo here, that makes the logistics balloon out of control.

Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!
identi.ca: http://identi.ca/jkeating