Re: Desktop Proposal

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009, Rex Dieter wrote:

> On 10/12/2009 01:26 PM, Mike McGrath wrote:
>
> > Once it's in rawhide, it'll end up in F12 no matter what we do.
>
> Not necessarily.  Reversions can and do happen (packaging-wise, usually
> involves Epochs).

That's a technical solution, and one listed in my paper as something
people generally hate.  But there's no procedure to actually do it.  No
precedence to even determine if it should be done, no review process, no
one second guessing so it never gets done.  I'm talking about a
fundamental change about the way we do things here.  Not "throw it in
rawhide first" but instead "try it in rawhide first".

	-Mike