Re: Desktop Proposal

On Mon, 2009-10-12 at 17:18 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Agreed, it should be the page that directs our contributors.

Yes, we agree on the above.

> To create a
> usable, general purpose desktop.

No we do not agree on this.  The Fedora Project's mission isn't just to
create a general purpose desktop.  Not by a long shot.  By saying that
at a /project/ level you basically tell every person out there that
wants to work on making servers better, or wants to develop good
documentation for software, or wants to create artwork, or wants to do
anything that isn't a "general purpose desktop" to piss off and find
another project.  I don't think that will result in more contributors
coming to Fedora.

Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!
identi.ca: http://identi.ca/jkeating