Re: Desktop Proposal

----- "Jesse Keating" <jkeating redhat com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-10-12 at 17:28 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> >
> > So lets leave the other missions in place, as suggested in the
> paper, and
> > just add one?  Is there anyone else on the list that thinks trying
> > build a usable, general purpose desktop is not worth being a mission
> of
> > the Fedora Project?
> >

> Let me ask it a different way.  What do we accomplish by narrowing
> down
> the entire project's focus in an exclusionary way to a single
> product?
Guys,

Let's just remove the word "Desktop" and say something like:

"To build a free and stable distribution (read Releases) for all users of Fedora."

This covers people that want stability in servers, desktops and anything in between and still keeps everything open for spins etc to make the 'flavours' that they want to (Server, Desktop, KDE....).

- Nigel