Desktop Proposal

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 03:10:38 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 08:53:30PM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:

> Here's the part I get confused on then.  Where does the operating system
> that almost all of our contributors show up to work on fit in to the
> project?  Is the only reason we have an OS because a bunch of contributors
> showed up and happened to want to work on it?

Yes :-)

Or perhaps more informatively, in the beginning, the OS was probably the
sole reason for the existence of the Fedora Project.  But as time has gone
on we've gotten bigger and things have started to change.  The OS is what a
significant number of contributors want to work on.  But there's people
working on numerous other things under the Fedora Umbrella now too.  CSI is
something you're working on, mirrormanager is something mdomsch is working
on, fedora-classroom is something that nirik is working on, the latam
ambassadors are interested in working on a moodle instance....  Lot's of
code and content is being worked on that's only indirectly related to the
putting together of the OS.

-Toshio