Re: "What is the Fedora Project?"

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009, Jesse Keating wrote:

On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 10:40 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
And this is the crux of our problem:

fedora is for latest leading-edge pkgs. It's not easy or reasonable to
have the latest of things AND have a stable interface for them.

So if latest software is fedora's raison d'etre then it sure seems like
fedora is just not for you.

how else do we set reasonable expectations?

I think more to the crux, we're leading-edge in rawhide, but then that
leading-edge flows right into our "stable" releases, as in the stable
releases continue to be 'leading-edge' and change things on users.

If we adopted more of a stance of leading edge on rawhide, stability in
our releases, I think we'd have less grumpy users.

they'd still have to upgrade every 13 months no matter what. It's not like we've bought them all that much time.

-sv