Re: "What is the Fedora Project?"

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009, Bill Nottingham wrote:

Seth Vidal (skvidal fedoraproject org) said:
I think more to the crux, we're leading-edge in rawhide, but then that
leading-edge flows right into our "stable" releases, as in the stable
releases continue to be 'leading-edge' and change things on users.

If we adopted more of a stance of leading edge on rawhide, stability in
our releases, I think we'd have less grumpy users.

they'd still have to upgrade every 13 months no matter what. It's
not like we've bought them all that much time.

Yes, but if you constrain the leading-edge change to an OS upgrade
event, rather than doled out randomly with each update of your released
OS, it can be planned for, and expectations set.

I don't disagree with that. Controlling the set of updates for critpath is doable. Controlling that for the whole distro is much much harder.

-sv