"What is the Fedora Project?"

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 23:03:19 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 03:22:59PM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>>In this case there's a sizable population of frogs wanting to move, as
>>opposed to being forced out, and we have it on good authority that
>>some other species are managing just fine at the destination.  (Where
>>species ~= software products.)
>

> Who are the frogs, where are they at, and where do they want to move to?

I think he's implying...

"Frogs" are Linux distributions that, like Fedora, are being pushed
from the ecosystem of "less regard for stability" toward the difficult
path of "a balance between up-to-dateness and stability".

He's implying that other distributions feel the same pressures, that
some have tried to make the adjustment, and that the results have
turned out good for them.

I think.  I'm not sure.