Re: New Contributors

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 8:51 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath redhat com> wrote:
> Is anyone currently working on a better wizard for new contributors?  I've
> had several come to Infrastructure in just the last couple of days.  Many
> of them had no idea what to do next other then "they wanted to be a
> developer" or "wanted to contribute to Fedora."  I've noticed the more
> lost they are (IE: the more wide their focus is) the more lost I am to
> tell them where to go next.
>
>        -Mike

Mike,

To answer you question. Yes, we are.  Now I can't say that our
solution considers many of the items you mentioned, but it directly
addresses Joining the project and deals with the knowledge and flow.
However, it's currently only intended to be used at conferences.  The
project is called Fedora Event Splash (or FEZ if you don't like the
long name)

We had a FAD about it at UTOSC 2009 and the overwhelming thing that
kept coming up was how confusing it was to join the project if you
didn't have any idea how you wanted to proceed.  Ian and I have a
hackfest for it at FUDCon where we plan to start development on it so
we could sure use some input.

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-event-splash/wiki

Cheers,

Clint