Ratification of FAMSCO leadership roles for 2010

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 17:18:12 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 12:02:10AM +0100, Gerold Kassube wrote:
> I'm also a bit wondering ...
>
> Is that request a "approval" or a "acceptance" question?
>
> Regards
>
> Gerold much confused atm

The current FAmSCo rules say "ratification by the Board," but I think
we can get by with less formal process.

Honestly, the best scenario is that someone on the FAmSCo sends a note
to this list and the Ambassadors list, notifying everyone about the
chair selection.  Unless the Board has a serious concern about it,
that selection should stand -- and it's hard to imagine the
circumstances in which that would happen.

I talked to Joerg a bit this morning about removing the requirement
for a formal ratification.  There have been some recent clarifications
drafted on the FAMSCo election page and it should be easy to add this
change.

Joerg, you can go ahead and announce this selection to the
Ambassadors, and consider that announcement done from the perspective
of this list. :-)