[Fedora-ambassadors-list] meeting notes fedora ambassadors Dec 22, 14:00 UTC

Alex Maier lxmaier at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 22:22:34 UTC 2005

Next meeting is Dec 29, 22:00 UTC

Present:
mjbrej, nman64, abompard, barz, thl, gja, gregdek, roozbeh, hornain, lxmaier

Discussed:
1. Events
2. Ambassadors Steering Committee

Events
------
Jan 31 - Feb 2, 2006
Solutions Linux 2006
abombard is in charge, we most likely have missed the deadline.
lxmaier will check with the organizers for a slot in the .org village,
but we are not too hopeful.
if all else fais, we will be on the local lug booth

Feb 25-26, 2006
FOSDEM
hornain has everything under control. will report to the list.

Mar 28-30, 2006
LWCE Australia
barz will find a volunteer or two to jump in and represent Fedora at this show.

General Events Stuff

1. we all need to remember that two months befre a show is already too
late to participate in most shows.

2. If transportation/accommodation expenses prevent Ambassadors from
going to an event, Fedora will try to help with what little money we
got. Do not expect to have all expenses covered, but we will try our
best not to let you go bancrupt over an event :)

Ambassadors Steering Committee

As the Ambassadors' numbers grow, we need a few (very likely 7) people
to step up and help lead the group--and we will call them "Steering
Committee."

The Committee will decide on things such as which events receive
higher priority (in case of limited funds and materials available),
will help set the guidelines for Ambassadors, will take care of
meeting preparation, agenda, an protocol, and stuff like that. In
general, SC will be the organ which will help us all function better
and let us have a backup for Alex :)

The members of the committee do not need to be affilliated with Red
Hat or any other Fedora project. They need to be experienced enough to
know what Fedora is and does, and what Ambassadors are supposed to be
doing.

Ambassadors program is a meritocracy, so the ones who have shown that
they are actively doing the right thing will be best candidates.

Everybody please think whether you have the time and resources
necessary to be a member of the SC, and if you do, step up!

If you wish to be on the committee, or if you wish to propose someone
else, write a message to the list. We will be selecting committee
members during the next meeting.

--
Check out the new content on Fedora Project page! http://fedoraproject.org